- Algebra 2
- Unit 1 Part A - Factoring Quadratic Equations
Unit 1 Part A - Factoring Quadratic Equations
- Unit 1 Part B - Solving Quadratics
Unit 1 Part B - Solving Quadratics
- Unit 2 - Graphing Quadratic Equations
Unit 2 - Graphing Quadratic Equations
Unit Question: "What is the relationship between an equation and a graph of a quadratic?"
#1: "How do the roots of an equation in standard form relate to a graph?"
#2: "What are the components of the vertex form of a quadratic equation and how do we graph from this form?"
#3: "How do we create regression models and make predictions about the trends in the data?
#4: How do you find the inverse of a function?"
- Unit 3 - Systems of Equations
Unit 3 - Systems of Equations
- Unit 4 - Variation
Unit 4 - Variation
Unit Question: "How does the type of variation influence the relationship between variables?"
EQ #1: "How is direct variation represented?"
EQ #2: "How is joint variation represented?"
EQ #3: "How is inverse variation represented?"
EQ #4: "How is combined variation represented?"
EQ #5: "How can equations be solved for specific variables?"
EQ #6: "What are piecewise functions and how are they graphed?"
- Midterm Review
Things you can do to prepare for your midterm exam:
- Organize and review notes for each unit
- Review and redo previous unit reviews for tests (if you want blank ones they are available on Moodle)
- Looking at old quizzes
- Looking at and redoing old homework assignments
- Looking at and redoing previous classwork assignments
- Trying more problems from the book (you have the section numbers you need in your notes)
- Online book assessments and reviews (the links are available on Moodle)
- Creating a vocab study guide (important words/terms/topics/methods from each unit and what they each refer to/mean)
- Unit 6 - Polynomials
Unit 6 - Polynomials
Unit Question: "How do we find all of the roots of a polynomial function?"
- Unit 7 - Rational Expressions
Unit 7 - Rational Expressions
Unit Question: "How do we find all points of discontinuity?"
1) How do we simplify rational expressions?
2) How do we multiply and divide rational expressions?
3) How do we add or subtract rational expressions?
4) How do we simplify complex fractions?
5) How do we solve rational equations?
6) How do we find all points of discontinuity?
- Unit 8 - Powers and Roots
Unit 8 - Powers and Roots
1) What are the properties of exponents?
2) How can radical expressions be simplified?
3) How can you multiply and divide radical expressions?
4) How can you add or subtract radical expressions?
5) How do you simplify expressions with rational exponents?
6) How can we solve radical and rational equations?
- ProbabilityThis topic