1. While reading, I check my comprehension by putting what I am reading into my my own words.
2. While reading, I try to picture in my head what is being described.
3. While reading, I go back and reread parts or a story that I don't understand at first.
4. While reading, I make predictions about what I will be reading next and then revise them if they are wrong.
5. While reading, I look at pictures or charts to help me understand what I am reading.
6. I go back and reread parts of the stories that do not seem to match what I already know about the topic.
7. I ask questions about what I am reading and try to answer them as I go along.
8. If I do not understand something in a selection, I keep reading to see if I can make sense of what is happening.
9. I slow down my reading rate when I do not understand something.
10. I know my mind is wandering when I cannot remember anything I have read.