- Topic 1
- Topic 2
- Topic 3
- Topic 4
- Topic 5
Unit 5: Before-Reading Strategies
Unit Question: What before-reading strategies work best for me ?
1. How can I determine the type of text before I read ?
Identify the type of text that you are reading (genre)
2. How does the type of text affect the previewing strategies I use ?
Utilize text previewing strategies
3. How does the author's purpose determine the type of text he/she will create ?
Identify how an author uses a specific text-type to achieve his/her purpose
4. How can determining my purpose for reading help me determine the best strategies to use ?
Identify why you are reading a text.
- Topic 6
UNIT 6: DURING READING STRATEGIES
Unit Question: What during reading strategies work best for me ?
Essential Question: What strategies will keep me on task as a reader ?
1. Predict 2. Visualize 3. Inference, Draw Conclusions, Generalize
4. Connect 5. Text-Structure 6. Fix-Ups 7. Question/Wonder
8. Interpretation & Analysis
- Topic 7
UNIT 7: TEST TAKING
Unit Question: What are the skills needed to be successful in test taking ?
Word Wall: open-ended questions - context clues - synonyms - antonyms -
root-words - prefix - suffix
1. PSSA Evaluation Criteria 2. Open-Ended Questions
3. Vocabulary Skills 4. Study Techniques
- Topic 8
Topic 8UNIT 8: Functional Reading
- Topic 9
UNIT 9: Post-Reading Strategies
What after-reading strategies will help me to be a better reader ?
comprehension sequence summary timeline main idea
supporting details paraphrase theme genre allegory
QAR Right There Author and Me On My Own
- Topic 10
- Topic 11